Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.
-Gilbert K. Chesterton
Our foundation believes that any true transformation can be brought only through learning and through proper understanding. In the domain of education, our foundation’s training program for teachers that focuses on creating happier classrooms by empowering teachers and by helping them unleash their potential to the fullest. The vision is to create and nurture a learning community of students, teachers, school leaders, administrators that believes in the possibility of progressive development of children and educators through change in education. The program aims at integration of physical, mental, social and emotional well-being of the students and educators alike.
- Imparting an adequate knowledge of the subject- matter
- To provide an access to education through open and distance learning
- To promote national progress, a sense of common citizenship and culture and to strengthen national integration
- Wisdom and knowledge distribution
- To promote equity, educational opportunity
- To foster among students on understanding of the diverse cultural and social characteristics of the people living in different parts of the country.
- To promote values such as India’s common cultural heritage, democracy and secularism.
We believe that education is both the means as well as the end to a better life: the means because it empowers an individual to earn his/her livelihood and the end because it increases one’s awareness on a range of issues from healthcare to appropriate social behaviour to understanding one’s rights and in the process help him/her evolve as a better citizen. Education is the most effective tool which helps children build a strong foundation; enabling them to free themselves from the vicious cycle of ignorance, poverty and disease.
We extended its thematic areas of intervention by supporting family health, livelihood, and women empowerment. Children, their families and the community become the target group for Nectar Shiksha’s activities as child education cannot be done in isolation and nothing else but education for children can bring long lasting change in the society.
WHAT WE DID LAST YEAR
32,000 Children directly provided education through 240 centers in 23 states
87% of eligible children were mainstreamed to formal schools, after successfully passing out from Mission Education centers
100% of teachers received training in academic methodologies, ensuring an engaging environment for the children